Welcome to My 40 Before 40 Dreams List!
I originally got this idea from Valerie and Rachel as they posted a 40 before 40 Dreams List to their blogs. Thanks ladies for the inspiration! As a result, I have made a list of 40 dreams and goals I want to accomplish before I turn 40. I believe strongly in writing things out and when doing so it activates our brain to go into action and make things happen! Writing things down and making a plan helps us to live and make our goals and dreams a reality. So without further ado here is my ’40 Before 40 Dreams List.”
- Travel to New Zealand for a year or two on a working holiday visa
- Go bungee jumping in New Zealand
- Go skydiving in New Zealand
- Study in Australia at Hillsong College in the dance stream
- Make a living as a traveling musician (busking, playing shows, selling music online, teaching online)
- Be location independent and have a job that lets me work remotely
- surprise a waiter/waitress with a $100 tip after eating a delicious meal.
- Get my British Citizenship and live in the UK for a year while taking trips to Europe
- Become fluent in a 2nd language( French or Spanish)
- Live in France for a few months to learn french.
- Take ballet classes all over the world and learn to dance on pointe.
- Visit Israel and go on a tour
- work on a Kibbutz for a few months in Israel
- Go back to China and Volunteer with children through International China Concern for 3months to 1 year
- live in an RV and travel around Canada and the US while working remotely, busking and playing music
- Take the Via rail Train Across Canada while performing music on board
- live in another major Canadian city for a year or longer, Toronto or Montreal
- buy an electric keyboard and take some more piano lessons
- Collaborate with some other musicians and write some songs together
- Play more house concert type shows
- get a seasonal job on Vancouver Island, live in Tofino, BC for the summer.
- do some more couchsurfing and meet hosts from all over the world
- Take my family on a trip. All expenses paid. Disneyland, Hawaii etc.
- go to Brazil and visit some of my friends there.
- Backpack the Juan de Fuca and the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island
- meet someone special and travel and make music together.
- Really see my blog take off and inspire people travel more
- Be an advocate for people with depression, anxiety and chronic pain and inspire them to travel
- become a coach and help people with travel preparation, overcoming fear and making their travel dreams a reality
- visit lake Louise and explore Banff and Jasper, Canada
- experience the music scene in another Canadian city, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal etc.
- Take a trip to Maui, go snorkelling, surfing and explore the island
- Experience the music scene in Melbourne, Australia
- road trip along the Great Ocean Road in Australia
- take another trip up the East Coast in Australia
- change 1 or 2 people’s lives for the better
- have a fan base with my music and followers from people all over the world
- make another music video
- share my faith with someone sitting beside me on the plane and bless them and pray for them.
- finish recording my 2nd album “Creative Heart” and release it.
The Dreams I Want to Accomplish Over the Next Year
Start My Working Holiday in New Zealand
About 2 weeks ago I was approved for my working holiday in New Zealand. This is so exciting! This being said, I am now able to get a job in New Zealand! My departure date will be around early 2018 (February/March). As a result, I will get to experience a dream I’ve carried in my heart for a long time! Some things that need to be in place before I head to New Zealand are;
- pay off some remaining debt I still have
- save for my trip. I plan to have at least $5000 in my bank when landing
- downsize and organize my stuff. Decide what to keep, sell and what to give away.
- get my overseas health insurance and organize the medical side of things
Finish and Release My 2nd Album ‘Creative Heart’
A few months ago I raised $1000 through crowdfunding to go record my 2nd album in the studio. I have pretty much finish all the recording and the album will be mixed and mastered and then released. As well I am super excited that I had the help of friends, family and my community to help fund this album. The release of the album will come sometime this fall 2017. Therefore, I need to have in place before I release the album;
- talk with the producer about the mixing
- get all the songs mastered
- contact a place to get 100 CDs printed.
- set a time for a CD release show!!
Deadline for These Dreams: June 1, 2018
What are some of your dreams? Why not make a list and get working on them a dream at time. If you’re in your 30’s why not make a ’40 Before 40 Dreams List.’